Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Resident concerned about Christmas security in Crestwood

This site is a good place to report something recently experienced by my neighborhood (Greenview/Twincrest) in Crestwood. Just a word to the wise. Lock your cars, your house and watch your mailbox.
About 2 months ago in the middle of the night, I was awakened by the sound of my car alarm, and "sprang from my bed to see what was the matter" … my motion light was on, but I did not see any sign of human life. The next day, in the daylight, I noticed my front passenger door was ajar. When I went to check it out, I found my glove compartment open. At this time, I realized I must have had a visitor during the night and the alarm scared him away. The next week in the SOUTH COUNTY JOURNAL, in the Police Beat, it was reported that 13 or more cars on my street had been broken into. I now lock my car.
Five years ago, however, our "locked" convertible was literally cut into during the night and everything of value stolen. One of the only nights this car was not in the garage. This within 20 feet of the bedroom window. Three years ago, I heard a car noise in the night and looked out the window to see a man trying to open my car door, which was parked this night in the street. His getaway car was sitting next to my car with a driver. I did call the police, but the perpetrators got away. Ten years ago my neighbors on both sides of me were burglarized during the dinner hour. Both were gone. I was home and didn’t see a thing.
Two weeks ago, it was reported that one of my neighbors up the street had reported a check had been stolen from their mailbox. And mind you, this is a nice neighborhood. So consider yourself warned as it looks like the natives are restless and think the whole neighborhood is community property. During the Christmas season, I hear this kind of thing is epidemic. So set your timers, lock your doors, and keep an eye out for uninvited guests. However, you might want to make sure Santa knows a way in.
Carol Casey
Crestwood
(posted via E-mail) No.33

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>