Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday in Crestwood, 2006 style

A wonderful Saturday here in Crestwood, and I find myself reflecting on some of the issues, past, and those we face over the next three years.

1. We have two city buildings (City Hall, Public Works) which we borrowed funds on.

2. We spent well over a million to plan a building we could not afford.

3. We are spending exorbanant legal fees on lawsuits that should never have happened.

4. We find our City on the negative side of the news (Just read the Call).

5. We have political in-fighting on the board which insures little progress.

6. We have seen our tax base eroding due to business loss.

7. We have watched, as some of our elected officials maligned our new Mayor.

8. We have witnessed some of the most ridiculous behavior, on record at BOA meetings.

9. We have been forced to wonder if we will have emergency services in the future.

10. We are all wondering what happened to the Crestwood we all know, and love.

Well folks, there are those who will tell you they have all the answers, but I am not one of them, I will work hard to find them, and I know with your help, and in-put we will succeed. I, like you, am just an ordinary citizen of Crestwood, (35 years) with a stake in the way this community turns out. You see, we raised two son's here in Crestwood, who are now serving police officers, and Linda and I have two grandchildren, (one more on the way). I don't know about all of you, but I plan to stay here as long as the Lord will let me, so that's why I have decided to run for Alderman in Ward Two. I am of the opinion that this City needs a change to give it the opportunity to regain it's stature, as well as it's fiscal health. I want my son's and their children to be able to play in a secure environment, and I once again wish to be proud to say that I am from Crestwood, Missouri!

As you may be aware there is change, and then there is change! To change name tag's on the dais is not going to effect the changes we need here in Crestwood! This community has operated far too long on the "borrow, and spend" theory put forth by the previous Mayor, and his willing accomplices on the BOA. This is how we managed to spend large amounts of funds on a building we could not afford! And it is why today, we find ourselves in the this sad state of affairs!

Ladies, and Gentlemen, we have the opportunity to effect the change I have been talking about in April, 2006! That's when we will all, (I pray) go to the polls and elect new Aldermen, people who believe in Crestwood, and people, who like me want to see this town great again!

The only question now is, are you happy with the way things have been, or will you please join me to work for a far better Crestwood in the future?

My name is Tom Ford, and I want to be your Alderman from Ward Two!

Tom Ford
Ward Two

NO.47

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure you attend the meetings I do. Response to your items:

1. Because not enough income/not enough budget cuts

2. Administration has told the BOA the tax collected would provide money to make payments.

3. Transferring funds between funds (some needed approval and others were not to be transferred) is illegal.

4. Truth speaks for iteself, except for some of the writer's personal views.

5. Boards members who throw out ideas to cut spending - get no support or additional ideas.

6. DUH

7. Mayor was ignorant of the facts regarding the debt of the city and stated his ideas to "cut" without knowing if he could (ie. street cleaner, etc.) Acted like the BOA did not try and cut budget and just asked for a bond issue. I guess he found out that enough could not be cut to help (with any magnitude that is).

8. How about the Mayor? - rudeness - interjects during public comments, interrupts board members, can't talk in public without stumbing???

9. This was talked about a year ago - without additional income services may be cut.

10. Maybe new board members can make a decision on how to get more income or make additional substantial cuts. The current board does not seem to want to address.

2:19 PM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

I agree with you on #10. New board members will be needed to make thoes kind of decision's, period.

And I am very happy to hear that you do in fact attend the meetings! I think that's great, please keep it up!

Tom Ford

5:26 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>