Monday, February 13, 2006

Crestwood board meeting, 2/14/06, or why Linda is going to get an early valentine!

Ladies and gentlemen, I know it's Valentine's day on the 14th., but your City needs you at the Board meeting! Why, you say?, Well it's not only the right thing to do, but, it's your input over the last few months that have resulted in the progress we have seen to date!

We have a new City Administrator, a new Police Chief (will be chosen soon), and we are in full swing for the "political season", which, when all is said and done, will serve to elect a new Alderman from each of our four wards.

Having lived in Crestwood for the past thirty six years, and currently a candidate for Alderman in Ward Two, may I suggest to you that this April election will be one of the most critical I have ever seen. Folk's, we have a clear choice this year, and I hope that when you hear what I have to say, and what I believe Crestwood can be, you will vote for me!

Please come to the meeting on the 14th., and let's see what we can do together to insure that Crestwood retains it's rightful place as "the place to live" in South County!

"My name is Tom Ford, and I want to be your Alderman from Ward Two"!

Tom Ford
Ward two

No.69

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will soon have a new Finance Director too!

12:34 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

I am not sure we need a finance director! We have two ladies, and a C/A who understand their job's completly, so what do we need with a "finance director"?

It seem's to me that's a built in savings of $72,000.00 effective now.

My recommendation would be to work with what we have on board now, Lord knows we can't cut Police and Fire any more. I am calling for "fiscal responsibility", so let's start there, as I am confident we have the right people in place to do the job now!

"My name is Tom Ford, and I want to be your Alderman from Ward Two"

Tom Ford,
Ward Two

7:56 PM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me amend my previous post to include .... should the new CA determine we need one. I was more focused on the fact that Ms. Madrid is gone. (Good riddance, she wasn't worth $72,000 as a Finance Director. But apparently, according the court records from the lawsuit against Mr. Leichliter, that’s not what former CA Greer hired her to do!)

Let's let Mr. Meyers make his recommendation on filling the position. Maybe he will recommend that one of the current finance staff take the job and we can still save a substantial amount of money.

Mr. Meyers is going to have is hands full cleaning up three years worth of mess. Let's make sure he has the support, within reason, that he needs.

11:27 AM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>