Friday, March 03, 2006

"To sign, or not to sign, that is the question", (to paraphrase William Shakespeare)

Well that should get the "Bard" spinning in his grave! It seems that we have all (including me), gotten into a tizzy over whether to sign your name to your post or not.

I have been giving it much thought lately, and for the life of me, I can't see what difference it makes! This "Blog" was formed to give all the citizens of Crestwood a chance to remark about current events in town, as well as recipe's, your kid's coming home ETC.

Since December of 2005 we have been in what's known loosely as the "political season" (you may have noticed that the mast head changed to reflect that on 12/20/05, as that was the date that I filed for Alderman, Ward Two). Although were in the race hot and heavy now, we must never loose sight of this forum's original intent! When I started this blog I felt that is was a way for all of us (with a computer) to put their two cents in, and I still feel that way.

As far as Tom Ford is concerned, you may sign your name if you feel strongly about your statement, or just go with anonymous if you have a point to make, but do not wish for your name to made public. Now I hope this puts this signature thing to rest for once and all, as we all have to work together to solve Crestwood's problems, and we must do it now!

I have offered this site to ALL of the Aldermen in Crestwood, both incumbent, and candidate as a forum to put forth their ideas for a better Crestwood, but we have only had one taker (Mr. Wallach). I once again ask them to place their remarks on the blog as we all can, and do benefit from different idea's.

I have been asked how "I" plan to do this and that on this forum, and I have responded to most if not all of the questions so far. While picking up some wind screen time today, I reflected on the old adage, "there is no "I" in team", and that's the answer to all of the "what will I do questions", it's what will the "team" (all of us working together, or at least giving suggestions) do to bring back Crestwood?

Ladies and gentlemen, I alone do not have all the answers, but collectively "we" as a team (all of Crestwood) do, and I would love to be part of that "team", representing Ward Two, and working to make it happen.

"My name is Tom Ford, and I want to be your Alderman from Ward Two"

Tom Ford
Ward Two

No.78

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>