Thursday, August 09, 2007

Steve Foelsch needs our help! Can we do it? Yes we can!

Some of you may know or know of my brother, Steve Foelsch. Steve has quadriplegia as a result of an accident and uses a wheelchair to get to work and family events. Recently, Steve's 1987 van with wheelchair lift was stolen and never recovered. Because the van was old, there is not much insurance money available to replace it. Steve's family & friends are hosting a benefit to raise the money to buy a new van and to have it modified to make it accessible for Steve.

We are inviting you to participate in this fund-raiser at whatever level works for you. If you are unable to attend the fund-raiser on August 10, but still want to contribute in some way, please feel free to contact me by email: sweetirene55@hotmail.com or by phone: 314-963-4498. (If you are unable to open the attachment, please let me know and I will be happy to mail a hard copy to you.

In addition to contributions, we are also in need of items to be included in the silent auction and raffles. If you have such an item to donate or if you have any suggestions about businesses who might be willing to donate, please let me know. (A copy of the donation letter is attached.)

We would really appreciate it if you would share this email with as many family members and friends so that we may reach our goal of buying Steve a new, wheelchair accessible van!

Sincerely,

Donna

So, who is going to donate? How bout it Crestwood?
I issued a challenge a while back to match my $50.00 donation, and Crestwood citizens, we need your help here, so what say we all write a check for $50.00 to help Steve?

Tom Ford

NO. 367

5 Comments:

Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Checks should be made payable to the Steven Foelsch Handicap Van Contribution Account and sent to Donna Foelsch, 9846 Boulder Ct., St. Louis, MO 63119.

Tom Ford

8:44 PM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

The Jackie Stock family has pledged $60.00, and they are at the fund raiser tonight!

Tom Ford

6:28 PM, August 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to pass along this to Donna, I am a single mom, barely making it and even though I live in Crestwood, I visit the Food Pantry and I'm not ashamed, I do want her to know, I am praying for her brother and the fund raiser, because God will provide for us all! With the hardships life has thrown my way, prayer is the ONLY thing that saw me through it. So have faith!! Tom, if there is anyway to pass the well wishes along, that would be great!

11:05 PM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

11:05 PM blogger: It shall be done, and when this is completed mayby we can help you!

If there is something I can do to assist you, please call me.

314-341-2307

You never know, the Lord works in mysterious ways!

Tom Ford

7:05 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

I mailed my check ($50.00) to the Foelsh van account, now who will join me in getting a new van for Mr. Steve?

Think about it, if this was your brother, son, daughter, ETC. what would you do?

Tom Ford

8:59 AM, August 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>