Friday, September 12, 2008

Heated comments at the last BOA meeting! For those of you who haven't read the South County Times front page story,

I invite you to please click on the header to be directed to the Times report!

As I read this, I am struck by at least two comments from the Dias and the floor that bear further comment. First, Mayor Robinson, I am having a very hard time understanding why you believe that Alderman Nieder, and Miguel are "interjecting politics" into the Civil Service board.

Sir, you yourself recommended the appointment of Martha Duchild to be the head of that Board, and I know for a fact that you know, as well as I do that she is above reproach when it comes to honesty and integrity! Furthermore you know that both Alderman of which you spoke only want answers for their constituents, as well as a Government that is "of the people, and by the people."

Therefore, could you please explain yourself as to why you felt the need to raise your voice in anger at these public servants? Also while you are at it, I would like to know (just for the record,) what the total cost of printing, and mailing the July issue of the "Crestwood Connections" newsletter was. As you know, I can submit a F.O.I.A. (Freedom of information act form) and get the answer in three days, but why take up all the City Clerks time? I am counting on you to help me with this.

Now for the "floor" remarks. I would like to correct the record on one thing, and that is the Lady that was quoted speaking to Alderman Miguel was not only a member of the Citizens for prop 1 committee, she was the treasurer, and as such responsible for all the on time filings, as well as campaign reports. Quite a bit different than just a member. In fact when you place your name on that line you accept total responsibility for the Committee, and all it's actions, thus I wonder what she meant by "just a member?"

I find it hard to believe that anyone in this community would not want to have answers forthcoming, as we have all spoken about "Honest, and open Government," and if there is ANY appearance of impropriety at all, it should, and for that matter must be brought to light, and NOW!

I know that I am but a voice in the wilderness, but if anyone in Crestwood Government ever expects to be trusted again, please stop the charade and allow this to be looked into by the Civil Service Board, they are the the right place to start, not the P/A from St. Louis County (they do criminal, remember?)

Tom Ford

NO. 548

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok all 3 of you Roy supporters, come on out and defend the mayor and attack anyone who is upset with his recent behaviour.

12:20 PM, September 13, 2008  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Anyone want to bet on the chance of the Mayor giving me the information without a FOIA form?

Well if he dosen't, I will turn in the form on Wednesday, and advise all of you of the date of "viewing," so you may join me if you wish to read the answers!

Tom Ford

12:56 PM, September 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He ain't heavy, He's our mayor".

5:04 PM, September 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess since there are no comments, all agree that the mayor's behavior is not acceptable.

10:06 PM, September 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, did you ever get the information regarding what the total cost of printing, and mailing the July issue of the "Crestwood Connections" newsletter was from the mayor? or from the city?

3:30 PM, September 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>