Thursday, November 06, 2008

I received a comment from Chief Jim Silvernail that I believe is important enough for it's own thread!

In quotation marks please see the Chief's remarks!

" Jim Silvernail said...
Tom
I am sorry about changing the topic, however I feel I do need to add this little comment. I believe you have sons that are police officers and I have a son that is a fire captain. I feel we all need to say a very special prayer for all of these young men and woman that serve our communities for our protection. "

GOD BLESS
Jim Silvernail

10:01 AM, November 06, 2008

In light of the last few days when both police and firemen have been shot to death doing their job's as well as trying to help their fellow man, I don't know what could be more relivent!

We not only must pray for their safety, we must also help them in their duties. On election day I spoke with a Crestwood Fireman who clearly had either the very worst cold I have ever seen, or pneumonia, yet there he was on duty to protect us! If it gets any better than that, I don't know how.


Say a special prayer for them, indeed, help them when they need it, YES, but the one thing we never do enough of is to simply say 'THANK YOU" when we see one, that goes a long way folks, so why not do just that the next time you see a Fireman, or Police officer, please.

Tom Ford

NO. 566

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that this issue is important enough for it's own thread, Tom.

I don't know what Crestwood has in store for our police and fire department; but I hope we can appreciate the importance of having our own.

There is no way that many of us could do what they do much less make it a career; it is just too hard and too darn scary. It isn't everyone that could put themselves in "harm's way". And I feel so very sorry for the officers and/or firefighters who have died trying to do this very harsh and many times thankless job.

It only takes one second for the right circumstances to come around where our men in uniform could be exposed to life or death situations. And yet, knowing this, they do their jobs and put themselves in dire danger, never really knowing the type of people they might have to come face to face with; and our firefighters do the same thing, never knowing what they will encounter when trying to save someone's life.

I will always hold our police officers and fire personnel in high esteem and am honored to say "thank you" for all that they do for us.

Sandy Grave

8:21 PM, November 06, 2008  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Sorry Chief, but I had to do this! The devil made me do it!

"God made Police officers so Firefighters can have heroes too!"

(from the back of my tee shirt!")

Tom Ford

2:25 PM, November 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom
I LOVE IT: They are both my heros.

9:39 AM, November 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a Fire Chief in Metro West Fire Protection District named Jim Silvernail. In the book titled The History of Ballwin, the Fire Chief of Metro West Fire Protection District (Jim Silvernail) is quoted as saying he always stood up for his men. Their is a Fire Chief of the Mehlville Fire Protection District named Jim Silvernail. He sits there while their fire board dismantles the district and he says nothing. He never stands up for these firefighters and paramedics. I wonder if it is the same Jim Silvernail?

3:44 PM, November 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>