Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Christmas card fom Linda, and me.


From both of us



Have a very Merry Christmas
and
a Happy Healthy Year 2009







A MESSAGE FROM THE HEART

MY CHRISTMAS E-MAIL

" I have a list of people I know, all logged in my computer,
And now at Christmas time I have gone to take a look.
And that is when I realize that these names are a part,
Not of the computer they're stored in, but of my heart.

For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime,
And in that meeting they've become the rhythm in each rhyme.
And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim,
I feel that I'm composed of each remembered name.

And while you may not be aware of any special link,
Just meeting you has changed my life, a lot more than you think! For
when I do a Christmas E-mail that is addressed to you,
It's because you're on the list of people I'm indebted to

And whether I have known you for many years or few,
In some way you have been a part of shaping things I do.

And now that Christmas has come, I realize anew,
The best gift life can offer is meeting people like you."


A poster said on the thread below that it's Christmas, and I should focus on the positive and let the negative. The poster is correct, it is the Christmas season when we all look forward o friends and loved ones gathering for festive Holiday gatherings!

In that light, please read my card, to ALL of you who have become friends, acquaintances, or detractors. You have all enriched our lives more than you know.

Just one request, please take some time to think of our young men and women on distant shores guarding us, and insuring we have the right to worship, and gather as we please. We all owe them a debt of gratitude we can never repay!

May God bless each and everyone of you, and may you, and your loved ones remain healthy and happy!

Linda & Tom Ford

NO. 580

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom
Here is wishing you and yours a holiday season filled with good health, happiness and joy throughout the holidays and the new year.
I hope this is politically correct. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

3:45 PM, December 20, 2008  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

3:45 PM blogger: Thank you very much. and yes, to me CHRISTMAS is perfectly politically correct!

Tom Ford

3:48 PM, December 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours Tom! ... and to everyone else!

5:48 PM, December 21, 2008  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Folks please welcome home W.O.(4) Ken Wash of Crestwood returning home to his family on Christmas Eve. 2008!

W.O.(4) Wash is stationed at Camp Liberty (Baghdad, Iraq) with the 926th Engineering Brigade, Missouri National Guard.

This is a very real Christmas gift for all of us in these troubled times, and I thank God he is home safe and sound!

Welcome home sir, and God bless you for your service to this great Nation!

Tom Ford

8:27 AM, December 25, 2008  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

A holiday cookie recipe forwarded to me by our resident historian, Ms. Jacquie Stock. We ALL thank you for your kindness!

Jose Cuervo Christmas Cookies

1 cup of water

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar

1 tsp salt

1 cup or brown sugar

4 large eggs

1 cup nuts

2 cups of dried fruit

1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl,

check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality,

pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter

in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one peastoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point

it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still ok, try another

cup just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy.

Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup

of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit off the floor.

Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaters just pry

it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who geeves

a sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo.

Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can

find.

Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall

over.

Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the

Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the wishdasher.

Cherry Mistmas !

Tom Ford

12:47 PM, December 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>