Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Live Blog of the Alderman meeting 7/26/11 (click here for the "PATCH" feed please)

If you don't know about "The Patch" and it's editor Ms. Jean Whitney please click on the header for an exceptionally well done running Blog of the Crestwood BOA meeting.

Ms. Whitney makes it possible for ALL Crestwood Citizens to follow along in real time as the events of the BOA meeting unfold. As I read the comments I was struck by some interesting remarks by Alderman Duncan who clearly has no use for "paperless."

As for me I think it's great, no pile of papers to shuffle through or loose, only your lap top or desk top to back up and it's there at all times for your perusal. Alderman Duncan seems to have a problem when it comes to that sort of thing as she clearly worries about a "virus" being transmitted from A to B. Now for some years now there have been some really great virus protectors on the market that will prevent that, so if she doesn't already have one, I suggest she get one soon. By the way Alderman Duncan, Virus's can be sent BOTH ways which is why the City has a virus protection installed (as do most people.)

Now I know that your also concerned with filling up your personal computer, but face it, you won't use a Gig of space in three years, so that should not give you pause at all.

All in all I see no reason to not go "paperless" in Crestwood as even the banks are doing it. I do think I would object to Alderman Beezley calling me a "dinosaur" though, but hey that's between you two.

Tom Ford

NO. 918

4 Comments:

Anonymous gsp said...

I just clicked on The Patch and read it. Tom I did not read anything in it where you are called a dinosaur. Ald. Beezley referred to herself and Duncan as dinosaurs when it comes to going paperless and/or computer knowledge. Or maybe I am the dinosaur because I don't get your comment and Beezley's reference.

10:18 AM, July 28, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Mr. Ford was stating that, if he were in her position, he would take exception to being called a dinosaur, or to the reference.

10:54 AM, July 28, 2011  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

10:18 AM Blogger; (gsp) Well, i was referencing Ms. Beezley's remark where she referenced both Ms. Duncan and herself.

I would think that if you were referencing "dinosaurs" you wouldn't include your pal, but Ms. Beezley is known for inane remarks, so who knows

Tom Ford

4:07 PM, July 28, 2011  
Anonymous gsp said...

OK I catcha. And I agree.

4:31 PM, July 28, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>