Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sappington House Tea Barn "closed for remodeling?"

This is interesting on several fronts as the sign on the door says they are closed for "remodeling" yet no one I spoke to at City Hall knows anything about it!

I couldn't find a sign that stated that the renters have a County or Crestwood permit for said remodeling, no one in Public Works or the City Clerks office said they were aware of any "remodeling."

Now the really interesting part is that WE OWN the Sappington House and as taxpayers WE have no idea what the RENTERS are doing? I really don't get it folks, when do ALL of us find out what the heck is going on and when does our Public Work's Director ASK the RENTERS what they are doing?

Now the real HOOT of this entire debacle is the simple fact that our code enforcement officer lives in the Sappington House roughly 15 yards away, free of charge, and she hasn't looked into this? Marvelous!!!!


Tom ford

NO. 923

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did Rosann say when you spoke to her about this?

11:15 PM, August 11, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

11:15 PM Yes, I agree with you. Tom, I also would like to know what Rose Ann said to you about the remodeling because she is a very good employee and I find her to be doing a great job.

I have had several times when I called upon her assistance, and also one time when the lady down the street was letting her property get abundantly cluttered and an eye sore. She was right there to help. That was a few years ago but my neighbors seem to like her also. Rose Ann doesn't mess around with things and she does know her job. Thanks.

2:57 PM, August 12, 2011  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

11:15 PM Blogger and 2:57 PM Blogger: She said she didn't know what they were doing. We didn't pursue that any further as that was all I wanted to know at the time.

I believe you can now see that the person being called into question here is her boss (he should have known,but I am told he didn't) and not her as I am sure she just does what she is told to do.


She happened to answer the phone when i was transfered by Tina Flowers office, so I asked, and she answered, simple as that.

Tom Ford

3:11 PM, August 12, 2011  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Forget the intrigue! The Sappington Tea Barn restaurant is closing, no remodeling, no renovations, and no kidding.

Another group has just discovered how really hard it is to make money as a restaurant in that location.

I hope to see an antique store take over as that would blend in perfectly with the 1806 motif.

An enterprising person could have a costumed "story lady" on Saturday mornings for the kids and Mom and Dad can shop and explore till their heart's are content.

Tom Ford

4:59 PM, August 18, 2011  
Blogger vadi said...

Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic

and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have

learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.







Independent House in Chennai

5:20 AM, January 04, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>