Saturday, November 26, 2011

The "new work place," or why were now ALL expendable. (Please click here for the story.)

Well for once being a tried and true member of the "senior citizen" group is not the worst thing in the world. The article states were now moving into a society where people who do not possess the skills needed by the employer are "expendable!"

Every day we see this in play, for instance you now buy concrete, roofing materials, and lumber with or without a salesman to help you. The "with" part is of course more expensive but you have the security of knowing your order will be just what you need or it's their fault, no salesman, you own the problem.

In my line of work the major suppliers of HVAC equipment are now in the big box stores with a kiosk that allows the home owner to do their own load calculations and equipment selection thus eliminating the need for a trained sales rep to do it "right."

progress now days means that you have the ability to do every job in the company, and do it very well or it's likely that your "progression" will be out the door. I pray that the people now in school fully understand this as I really doubt it will ever return to the "good old days."

As for me, well "what me worry?" Nope, I am now in the 70 year old bracket which means it's "over the side" any time now, I just have to make up my mind as to when.

( with thanks to a reader who forwarded this article to me.)


Tom Ford

NO. 961

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>