Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Some fun and exersise for kids of all ages, and close to home at that.


Ladies and Gentlemen, my grandson has introduced me to a sport called "paintball." No, I am not a contestant but he and his father are, and I can tell you it's a wonderful way to get the kids off the X-box and out in the sunshine (or rain) to meet new people and have fun doing it.

I have included a link to the park on the link (right) side of the blog for you to peruse and possibly go for a look, (main link xtremepaintballpark@yahoo.com) see with the family (yes it's a family friendly place and sport.)

We are out there every weekend on Saturday or Sunday enjoying the flora and fauna, as well as the camaraderie both on and off the field. I believe you will enjoy the experience, and I ask that you come out and give it a try, who knows maybe you too will find it as worthwhile as we do.


Tom Ford

NO. 1050

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard it's a great time, but I have never tried it.

11:03 AM, September 05, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

11:03 AM Blogger: It definitely is, I am thinking of hosting a "Crestwood paint ball day" there in the near future, more on that later.

I guarantee you that if you go to this Park the owners will show you around and assist you in every way possible. My Grandson has been tapped for a "new player" coach, and will also assist.

No matter what, if your out and about this weekend why not stop by the park, meet the owners, and watch a bit (they will drive you around in a golf cart,) who knows you may be "on the line" sooner rather than later!

Tom Ford

4:37 PM, September 05, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be great if we could get something like that in Crestwood

7:08 PM, September 05, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

7:08 PM Blogger: Indeed it would but it takes a few acres, both wooded and open to do it right.

Now over at Xtreme Paint Ball park in Millstadt, IL. they are up and running all year long, and it's only 25 minutes from Crestwood.

Tom Ford

5:03 AM, September 06, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Mall is empty....Urban paintball!!!with 'Escape from New York' Undertones..

7:02 AM, September 06, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:02 poster, this is a hilarious idea! I love it! It would never get past Jerry Miguel, who would pick apart every tiny detail, and obsess over every light bulb and cash register sound, then ultimately vote no before he went back to complaining that there are no new businesses in Crestwood. But that is a great idea!!

7:58 AM, September 06, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

7:02 AM Blogger: Excellent idea, now how to get the Chicago boys to go along with it?

If I were them I would jump at it as the retail business is going nowhere for a while, the Courts are landlocked, and they are going to tear it down anyway, so..........

Tom Ford

5:19 PM, September 06, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Is anyone interested in a "Crestwood day" at the paintball park?If so I will negotiate the date, time and price.

I am thinking of a "Ward V Ward game, or just a family get together in the nice fall weather.

Your thoughts please?

Tom Ford

7:45 AM, September 09, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Is anyone interested in a "Crestwood day" at the paintball park?If so I will negotiate the date, time and price.

I am thinking of a "Ward V Ward game, or just a family get together in the nice fall weather.

Your thoughts please?

Tom Ford

7:46 AM, September 09, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>