Friday, November 23, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is an idea that I hope and pray will catch on this season!


I wish I could say that I made this, but the fact is I found it on face book, and I thought it was the right poster at the right time for Crestwood.

There has been much made of this "District at Crestwood" idea and proposal (a lot of it by me,) but have YOU ever thought about whether you will shop there if it's built?

We now have some very fine retail establishments in Crestwood that no doubt have the goods and services you are looking for, so why go elsewhere? For instance, the Ace Hardware store, Friar Tucks, Kohl's, Gordmans, Crestwood Appliance, Crestwood Jewelry, Best Buy, and many more are fully staffed and ready to assist you in finding the perfect gift this Holiday, so why go outside Crestwood (unless you can't find it here, However, if they don't have it, they will order it for you.)

If you haven't noticed the Gasoline prices have snuck back up for the Holidays, and the family vehicle burns more of it the heaver it gets, so "saving" by taking the kids to the Bluffs for instance is now not as lucrative as it once was.

All I ask is that you consider doing your Holiday purchases in Crestwood this year, give our town the and business people your trade, and benefit Crestwood's coffers while your at it.

When you see Linda and I at one of the Crestwood Stores please say hello, and I thank you in advance for "SHOPPING LOCAL" this season and from now on.

( Up-date to the author of this fine poster. I have learned that this was first posted by Albert Merrill who shared "Sisters Antiques" post. Thanks to both of you for a very fine idea.)


Tom Ford

NO. 1072





12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this has idea has gone over like a lead balloon.

Shop the new improved Creston Center, that will help for sure.

3:23 PM, November 27, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

3:23 PM Blogger: As they say, "you can lead a horse to water," and in this case I have tried to do just that to no avail.

I do however take solace in the fact that some of our Crestwoodians are not that fast on the up take, so there still may be time, who knows?

Tom Ford

4:23 PM, November 27, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shop Crestwood every chance I get. The problem for me is that sometimes there are things I wish to buy that are not available in Crestwood. This wasn't a problem at all when we had a mall, but those days are gone, and sometimes I simply have to go outside of Crestwood to get what i want.

7:04 AM, November 28, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

7:14 AM Blogger: Thank you for doing what you can to help our fair City. I, like you will sometimes have to go "outside" Crestwood to pick up an item that I need, and can't wait for.

We can only do so much, but every tax dollar we spend in Crestwood is better than none, so, like you I will continue to do business locally when and if I can.

Tom Ford

8:42 AM, November 28, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should carry over this concept to department heads,,.hire Crestwood residents for leadership community positions..not some commuter prima Donna.s

7:55 PM, December 03, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

7:55 PM Blogger: I agree completely, we should be hiring, training and promoting employees from within our ranks, not going out for a complete unknown.

Our box scores on the outside personnel have been a nightmare we never needed to start with.

There are plenty of qualified Crestwood residents who can and will fill the bill very well. Now how to recruit them?

Tom Ford

6:14 AM, December 04, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Idea!!! Give Department heads living outside of Crestwood 180 days to move into Crestwood.
All new positions to be filled by residents, 'out of towners' would be hired with the proviso that they move to Crestwood After successfully completing their probationary period.
I'm sure the Board and Mayor won't have a problem with this..

3:32 PM, December 04, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

3:32 PM Blogger: Why would they have a problem with it, it makes perfect sense.

1. Post the job opening:

2. No takers from employees, open it to Crestwood residents who are qualified.

3. No takers from residents, open the position to any qualified CITIZEN of the United States who agrees to move to Crestwood (their cost with8in 120 days.

One thing though, this time I want a complete background investigation completed on the applicant prior to hiring, no check, no job (agreed to prior to the offer.)

Tom Ford

3:52 PM, December 04, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some how I don't think the Police chief will not move to Crestwood..from his lakefront property in Jefferson county...

7:56 AM, December 05, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

7:56 AM Blogger: Well why not call and ask him what he would do?

Remember that the Chief is only called to respond to a serious problem, and if that's the case n9o matter where he lives it will have already happened.

Tom Ford

4:00 PM, December 05, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on that statement the Mayor BOA.. the city administrator can live in Chesterfield and drive in for meetings.

9:26 AM, December 06, 2012  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

9:26 AM Blogger: I doubt you had a problem with Eckrich first living in Fenton and then St. Louis City, did you.

You come on here every once and a while to snipe at the Chief. May I suggest if YOU have a problem with him, YOU make an appointment and hash it out, because I am through with it here.

Tom Ford

2:28 PM, December 06, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>