Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mr. Bill Schelinski responds to the comments made below.

NOTE, AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! I will not allow ANY comments on this thread (reference Mr. Schelinski from this time stamp) on) UNLESS you sign your name to your post. Mr. Schelinski has graciously agreed to answer the questions that have been placed "anonymously" below, and if you wish to respond you will grant him the courtesy of identifying yourself, or I will delete your post.

The Bill of Rights and the Constitution are very clear on this. He has the right under the fourth amendment to "confront his accuser," and that means you sign you post, or my I-phone, my I-pad, and yes the tower will light up and you will be gone, so now that we all know the rules, I give you Mr. Bill Schelinski.



"To Mr. Dan Hogan et. al. I can only answer what I know. I and my immediate family (which was my mother and sister, I wasn't married at the time) were there in the court house that day prepared to go to trial and you weren't. I don't know where you came up with your information on anyone beating anyone, but I do know there are no ambulance (EMT), police, or hospital reports that show any evidence of any kind of physical violence done on any person in this case. I do know that photographs were taken, but I was never allowed to see them. I'm also sorry that this is not a perfect world and you seem to think that justice is in fact blind. It isn't. The justice system doesn't always serve the right purpose. It makes deals, careers advance, and reputations rise. I believe that unless things have changed recently, that in the State of Illinois, County of Cook, that you can't just pull up a person's records. Cook County doesn't have anything like Casenet or whatever it is called here in Missouri. How did someone make any kind of connection with me in St. Louis today and Cook County Illinois almost 2 decades ago? It begs questions. Rather than fixate on my self-admitted past with your limited knowledge of it, I would look to the present.


The City of Crestwood presented me a "packet" of information that included amongst other things (a ward map for example) a legal "Notice & Affidavit for Persons Desiring to be a Candidate for Municipal Office." It was the first document given to me to read and sign. I read the requirements that are as follows: "No person shall be certified as a candidate for municipal office, nor shall such person's name appear on the ballot as a candidate for such office, who shall be in arrears for any unpaid city taxes or municipal user fees on the last day to file a declaration of candidacy for the office." Now please notice that there is NO MENTION OF ANY PAST CONVICTIONS. I even asked the clerk, "That's it?", and the answer was to the affirmative. This document was witnessed and notarized by the City Clerk. In addition, I was given a copy of a memo from Jeff Schlink, Mayor, and Office of the City Clerk that contains "Excerpts from the Crestwood Municipal Code:" Which includes Chapter 2 Article II Board of Alderman, Sec. 2-21. Qualifications. "No person shall be an alderman unless he is at least twenty-one (21) years of age, a citizen of the United States, an inhabitant and resident in the city for one (1) year next preceding his election, a qualified voter of the city and a resident of the ward from which elected for at least (90) days prior to the date of election. No person's name shall be placed upon the ballot who, at the time of filing for candidacy for alderman, is in the arrears for any city taxes. (Ord. No 10, [subsection or paragraph] 1, 8-23-49; Code 1965, [subsection or paragraph] 3.01; Ord. No. 1759, [subsection]1,10-9-77." Again please note there is NO MENTION of prior conviction.


Having read and signed a legal affidavit, and the above memo quoting the Municipal Code, why would I think that there would be any other language that would include requirements not stated in those documents? I know that there are city officials that have never even read the Charter. I wasn't trying to pull one over on anyone. There is a clear inconsistency between a legal document I signed, the Municipal Code and the Charter. Please explain that for me.


To address a separate matter, I have never come out and said that I am against the re-development of the mall property. On my website as well as quotes in the Call, and literature I have handed out, I have said we need to limit or eliminate the dependence on TIF, not once mentioning the "Mall" in particular. I have stated that it is not possible for the city to do its due diligence with a proposal from a developer that doesn't list ONE tenant for Phase I, and makes no mention of what it is going to do with Phase II. I am asking for the chance for anyone to be able to look at the proposal in an objective, measurable way, compare it to the viability and future revenues that will be forgone during the TIF period and ask how every other taxing authority is going to be able to survive without those future revenues from that property? They will come to us and try to tax us separately.

Last, I would strongly advise that language, accusations, interpretations, call it what you will, that I have read in various blogs about this matter that physical violence was used, that what I was charged with amounts to "attempted murder" might border on slander, defamation of character, character assassination and/or libel. The facts are, the facts were never tried in a court of law, or by a jury of my peers. Any evidence is hearsay evidence. I was never required to do jail time, was never required to attend any "Anger Management" counseling and my probation contained terms that had me do community service by shelving books in a public library. If I were in fact so dangerous does THAT make sense to you?"

"Signed,"

Bill Schelinski (via email.)


Tom Ford

NO. 2000

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:02 PM, March 28, 2013  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

1:02 PM Blogger: If you want to sign that post, please do and repost please

Tom Ford.

1:09 PM, March 28, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 AM, March 29, 2013  
Anonymous Tim Trueblood said...

Bill makes a good point about the differences between what our City Codes and Charter say. He is correct, that the difference should have been corrected by action of the BOA shortly after the first year of the Charter. That is why the Charter states that when there is a conflict between our Code and the Charter, the Charter is to be followed. That is what has occurred since the Charter went into effect several times.

Since I served on the BOA when the Charter was enacted and ran for office several times thereafter, I feel a certain amount of responsibility for not having caught this flaw. I, like Bill, did not catch the discrepancy. However, since the Charter went into effect, none of the 4 elected mayors, the City attorney, or the many candidates who ran for office have uncovered this. I would hope Bill would think that he is in good company when it comes to missing this discrepancy.

But that may be almost impossible for him to do. Because of the anonymous "tip" to the two local news papers and their publishing same, Bill and his family has been exposed to the dark cloud of public opinion.

It would be interesting to ask the anonymous tipster why they didn't go to Bill and make him aware of the information they had uncovered. Allowing Bill to announce his withdraw from the race for personal reasons. Thereby saving Bill and his family from this public embarrassment. Unless Bill knows who the tipster is, we will never know the answer to that question. We can only ask ourselves the question, who has the most to gain by tipping the newspapers anonymously?











9:25 AM, March 29, 2013  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

8:13 AM Blogger: Good post, BUT I Have to remove it due to the rules laid out in the thread and agreed to by.......


Tom Ford

9:41 AM, March 29, 2013  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Example of "brilliant liberal thinking."


http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/27/us...navy.html?_r=0


Tom Ford

9:50 AM, March 29, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your link showed up as "cannot display web page", just so that you are aware.

Jean

11:11 AM, March 29, 2013  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Retry this one please.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/27/us...navy.html?_r=0

If you still don't have it, Google it and it should come up.

Tom Ford

5:46 AM, March 30, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,

There should be more of the link where the ellipse currently is between "us" and "navy"

11:47 AM, March 30, 2013  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Thank you Jean, What you see is what I got on the scream.

Perhaps you could go to "the Navy Times" and find it there.

Tom Ford

6:15 AM, March 31, 2013  
Anonymous Tim Trueblood said...

Election returns:

BILL SCHELINSKI . . . . . . . . 123 26.57
MARY K. STADTER . . . . . . . . 340 73.43
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 0

ALDERPERSON CRESTWOOD WARD 3
(Vote for ) 1
(WITH 4 OF 4 COUNTED)
BILL BOSTON . . . . . . . . . 344 53.25
GRANT MABIE . . . . . . . . . 300 46.44
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 2 .31

ALDERPERSON CRESTWOOD WARD 4
(Vote for ) 1
(WITH 2 OF 2 COUNTED)
TIMOTHY R. ANDERSON . . . . . . . 262 36.69
MIKE TSICHLIS. . . . . . . . . 269 37.68
CINDY MINOR . . . . . . . . . 164 22.97
RICHARD RUTLEDGE. . . . . . . . 17 2.38
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 2

7:47 AM, April 03, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any thoughts about Cindy Minor getting $325 from the firefighters union in her failed run for alderman? Isn't that same amount Roy got when he was elected Mayor? Any connections between the former Mayor and Ms. Minor?

5:27 PM, April 04, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does that make the slightest bit of difference?

6:12 PM, April 04, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$325 is the most that can be donated to a candidate individually who has not set up a committee...pretty token amount compared to the $60,000 Mike Klund got down in Mehlville

9:45 PM, April 04, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does that make the slightest bit of difference?

6:12 PM, April 04, 2013

Oh no, none at all. But wait ... the union has asked for a tax increase.

http://sunsethills-crestwood.patch.com/articles/firefighters-union-calls-for-crestwood-tax-increase

As you know, tax increases don't make the slightest bit of difference, do they?

9:57 PM, April 04, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you're of the opinion that $325would render the tax increase unnecessary? And, actually, my point in asking was, who cares if there's a connection to the former mayor? I can't imagine why that would matter.

6:58 AM, April 05, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the $325 is not an issue, then why did the former return his $325 to the Fire fighters union, AFTER he was elected?
Why would he have done that?
What did the Union hoe to gain from their contribution to the candidate?

11:07 PM, April 05, 2013  
Blogger Crestwood Independent said...

Please give me a couple of days to get back up to speed and I will have a couple of comments reference the election.

Tom Ford

6:07 AM, April 08, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>